I wrestle with planning. Not the planning part so much as the follow up and living with the plan part.
Some days my plan gets feisty and beats me up,
Other days I get feisty and try to throw it out the window.
there are moments, hours,
and even whole days where we are best friends
and I’m so glad
and we sit down
and eat cake
and celebrate together.
So, on the whole I’d rather have a plan then not.
Here are seven great quotes for inspiring planning.
- “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” ― Gloria Steinem
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
- “You can’t plow a field simply by turning it over in your mind.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” ― Yogi Berra
My coaching work is all about helping individuals and teams become friends with their plan.
Contact me if you’d like a complimentary coaching session regarding yourself or your work or both.
Perhaps after that we can have some cake!
I’m going to have cake with Bob today. He’s really been helping me become better friends with my plan.
href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>Please email me your thoughts or your request for coaching.